Translate

Blog Archive

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 13 January 2014

Beauty New Years Resolutions

Hello and happy new year! It's been January for a couple of weeks now so I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year. For my first post of 2014 I thought I'd share my New Year beauty resolutions with you. I've tried to make them easy to fit into my life so I'll be more likely to act upon them because they never normally last for me! 


1) Use up my makeup products before repurchasing them (and throwing the old one away!)
 I always buy products before I run out 'just in case' when, in reality, I don't really need to yet. Then, instead of using up the rest of the old product, I just throw it away and start my new one. I don't know why I do this and I'm sure I'm not the only one, so this year I'm going to make sure I use up the whole product before throwing it away because it'd just a waste!

2) Experiment more
I always take notice of people's makeup/hair/style whenever I go out and I love it when somebody has a really unique look that really suits them and you don't see very often. I'm going to try and be more daring with my makeup because it's so easy to just stay in the 'safe zone' because you find the makeup look easy to apply and know you're comfortable with it.

3) Use a deep conditioner or hair mask at least once a week
I don't over style my hair and always make sure I use heat protector, but like everybody else I still have split ends. Loads of factors can contribute them, especially the weather and. as it's really cold and windy, my hair's getting tangled a knotty quite a lot! Just by using a deep conditioner every week you can reduce your split ends and help to keep your healthy, so that's what I'm going to do!

4) Use more face masks
I used to use face masks loads but my skin reacted once and I stopped using them. However all the other face masks I had used before really helped my soften and cleanse my skin, so I want to start using them again. There's so many to choose from with such a range of benefits, so I think I should stop letting one bad experience stop me from using them.

5) Moisturise before going to sleep
I'm guilty of skipping this step much more frequently than I should. When I'm tired I just can't wait to go to sleep and often miss this step just because I'm being lazy. Moisturising really doesn't take that long so I'm going to make sure it's something I do every night, even if it means leaving my moisturiser on my bedside table!

so they were my five beauty New Year's resolutions for 2014. If you're going to try to do any of these things please let me know! Thanks for reading

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment